Data Science Intern [Entry-Level]
Altruistiq’s software solution delivers sustainability intelligence and real corporate impact in carbon reduction and beyond for large businesses that see more than ‘just’ reporting as the goal. Altruistiq empowers businesses with the technology to automate sustainability data measurement, management and exchange - with unparalleled accuracy and ease. We believe that sustainability is the corporate world’s biggest data challenge. Our mission is to enable businesses to do more of what is measurably good, driven by data and impact intelligence. Read about our latest investment below:
About the role
As a Data Science Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with us for 3 months and contribute to the development of a cutting-edge PDF data extraction tool. You will play a crucial role in the data labelling phase of the project.
In this role you will:
- Engage in structured image and text labelling tasks.
- Gain exposure to modern data science workflows.
- Receive regular coaching and attend workshops focused on applying data science in a commercial setting.
- Collaborate with sustainability experts to understand the challenges faced by the sustainability industry.
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability.
- Strong interest in data science and a desire to learn and grow.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Clear and effective communication, with the ability to distill complex information for data science leadership.
- Meticulous and thorough, ensuring accuracy and precision in all tasks.
- Driven and proactive in seeking learning opportunities, taking on challenges, and actively seeking feedback for growth.
- Proficient in analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Coding and statistical experience is not required for the role, but it would be advantageous for your internship experience.
Diversity & Inclusion (DE&I):
At Altruistiq we believe a diverse team is a better team. We welcome you to apply, and if there are accommodations that can be made to make the application and interview process more accessible for you please just get in touch. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.