Senior Technical Project Manager
Senior Technical Project Manager
Are you an accomplished technical project manager with a proven track record of steering complex construction projects from RTB to COD? Are you ready to take a leading position in Alight's mission to expand Grid Connected (GC) solar parks across Sweden?
Fantastic, welcome to Alight! We're an entrepreneurial scale-up driven by a strong purpose: to kick carbon off the grid by helping businesses save money with solar from day 1. We do this by owning, constructing, and operating solar assets (independent power producer), and providing energy to our customers via PPAs (power purchase agreements).
As a Senior Technical Project Manager for our grid-connected projects, you will project manage the construction of large-scale solar parks that are connected to the grid, with our current flagship boasting an impressive 100 MW installed capacity – set to become Sweden's largest solar park.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you'll be at the forefront of Alight's ambitious expansion of Grid Connected (GC) solar parks. Your role is to navigate projects from Ready-to-Build through construction, turning our vision into megawatts of green energy.
Click here to listen to a short podcast with Alexander Flyckt, Technical Project Manager at Alight. He's currently managing the second-largest solar park under construction in Sweden, with a Megawatt Peak of 64.
KEY OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Budget and Cash Flow Management: Oversee the project budget and cash flow, ensuring timely updates of construction and financial activities are accurately reflected in the project budget.
- Procurement Process: Lead the procurement process: develop Request for Proposal (RFP) and Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) documents/contracts, gather and assess quotes from EPCs, negotiate terms and conditions, coordinate with various teams, and ensure proper execution of RFP documentation, technical, and commercial proposal reviews.
- Onsite visits: Conduct regular site visits before, during, and after construction to guarantee the overall quality of work and on-site Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) conditions.
- Project Quality Alignment: Ensure project quality aligns with Alight's technical requirements, HSE, and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) standards through meticulous documentation and validation of works and milestones.
- Commissioning and Handover Management: Review and accept, and if necessary, coordinate with different teams, the documents involved in the commissioning and handover processes to Asset Management.
- End-to-End Project Oversight: Manage the site/project from the "supplier decision" phase through development (planning, permitting, grid approvals) to Ready to Build, Financial Close, Commercial Operation Date (COD), and handover to the Asset Management team.
- Commercial Team Support: Provide support to the commercial team during the sales phase by contributing insights on development timelines, recommending suitable EPCs and local consultants, and assisting in the development of technical specifications. Validate technical proposals in RFP documentation in collaboration with Alight development engineers.
Since we're still a small and dynamic team you will also participate in the development of our operations team as a whole, and develop and manage relationships with current and new partners (suppliers, contractors, etc.) You might also be asked to support BTM (onsite, often rooftop solar projects) under construction in Sweden.
We’re looking for you
To excel in this role, you are an experienced technical project manager whose expertise not only ensures project success but also provides a steady hand in navigating complexities. People likely describe you as a clear and engaging communicator who thrives on structure, effortlessly conveying project roadmaps and milestones. Your ability to set clear expectations is complemented by a balanced approach—you're unafraid to be demanding when needed, yet you readily show empathy and support for individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills.
- Engineering degree specializing in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a related field
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in technical project management, encompassing the entire spectrum from budgeting and planning to site visits, HSE audits, contract management, etc.
- Demonstrated track record and expertise in successfully managing complex construction projects in Sweden, steering them from Ready-to-Build (RTB), through construction to Commercial Operation Date (COD)
- Proven ability to manage local site stakeholders through development, construction, and COD
- Health and safety-first mindset, with BAS-U/BAS-P training being a valuable addition.
- Willingness and capability to travel to construction sites, with a preference for candidates located in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, or Norway, given that most projects are in the southern part of Sweden.
- Full professional working proficiency in English is required, Swedish proficiency is a plus.
While experience in solar or other renewable energy projects is advantageous, it is not a mandatory requirement for this role.
What's in it for you
You will be part of an entrepreneurial scale-up in a flat, coaching, and knowledge-driven culture with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. Ever since we started, we've defined ourselves as a diverse company with global reach, which means that remote and flexible work is how we operate and our people are at the center of everything.
OTHER THINGS WE WANT YOU TO KNOW
- At Alight, we know the benefits that follow a diverse team, hence we’re looking broadly for talent!
- Our largest hubs are in Stockholm and Madrid, but our staff is spread across Europe, and our hybrid ways of working provide everyone with a fully flexible work setup
- We have a fun office vibe with regular team dinners, breakfasts and AWs, and sports activities. For example, we have a session with a running coach every Tuesday, and other ad hoc sports activities organized by employees, always paid for by the company
- Quarterly company events where we gather our remote team for a few days. This always includes some fun activities such as sailing, skiing etc.
- Flexible working hours and full flexibility to decide when to work remotely/at the office
Sounds like a fit? Apply today!
- Operations & Maintenance
- Gothenburg, Sweden, Stockholm, Finland
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Our way of working
Our close-knit team values an entrepreneurial spirit, sharp minds, and kind hearts. We're always helpful, friendly, and down-to-earth, and above all, we strive to make a difference for our customers and for the planet.
The need for solar solutions is growing fast and as a result, so is Alight. We're always on the lookout for talented teammates who share our values.
At Alight, we help energy-intensive businesses switch to solar. We build, operate, and own onsite and offsite solar projects, and sell that clean power to companies at a low, fixed cost backed by Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs).
Together, we’re accelerating the transition to a more sustainable future.
Join us fully remote or from our offices:
Stockholm (HQ) - Tulegatan 11, 113 53 Stockholm, Sweden
Madrid - C. de Velázquez, 157, 28002 Madrid, Spain
Gothenburg - Östra Hamngatan 16, 411 09 Göteborg, Sweden
Senior Technical Project Manager
Already working at Alight?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.