Senior Engineering Manager
Your primary role is to lead our engineering team to ensure that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution to create the first Zero Food Waste Generation.
Do you want to work for the good folks to create the first Zero Food Waste Generation? At Karma we do so by engineering for the future to fight food waste through technology. We are growing fast, scaling our business, our teams, and most importantly; our impact.
*Be a part of leading a team towards excellence*
As our Engineering Manager you will be given the opportunity to provide leadership to the Engineering Teams with the goal to build highly efficient, scalable teams and processes and also making sure the technical roadmap is executed. Your growth mindset and passion for People will be helpful in your daily work that includes a high variety of tasks in a dynamic environment. You will be given the opportunity to shape the role and impact your work life by bringing a high level of competence and interest to the challenges at hand in a result-focused way.
What you’ll do
As the Senior Engineering Manager you will be the direct supervisor of the technical staff, work closely with both the CTO, Head of RnD and Engineering Leads, while keeping an eye on the product vision to make sure that our tech can support it. As a part of your responsibilities you will focus on ensuring that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution, making sure we have the resources and knowledge needed to succeed at high quality levels and do so in a timely manner. We always try to improve our development and release processes, and we want you to be part of this and share your insights. We’ll give you lots of responsibility but also the support you need to do great things and learn fast.
In this context, some of your core responsibilities include;
– Being a key member of the wider team at Karma and contributing to core processes and strategy discussions
– Leading engineering teams to deliver on the product mission
– Growing engineers reporting to you through supporting, coaching, mentoring, and challenging them
– Guiding the teams in continuous improvement and team dynamics.
– Collaborating with the Engineering Leads for your teams to set strategy and direction
– Improving ways of working, technology, and engineering practices impacting what we build and how we build it
Your key qualifications
We are looking for a structured, innovative and ambitious Engineering Manager who wants to make an impact by bringing a can-do-attitude and a curious approach to the organization while staying focused on the priorities.
Some of the abilities, skills and traits of personality we believe you’ll need for this role is;
– Experience in working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities leading high-performance engineering teams in an agile environment.
– An understanding of technology and how to work with engineers to build great things.
– Positive energy with an open inquisitive mindset and a proactive approach.
– An appetite for challenging yourself and others by questioning the status quo, sharing knowledge and being encouraging.
We are still in the early stages of our journey, so your work at Karma will have a tremendous impact on both our business and Karma as a company. We are working close to our users, acting on both their feedback and what our data says. If you are a People’s person to the core and someone who sees opportunity when you hear ‘Talent’ then joining Karma is a great way to make your mark.
Are you curious of this opportunity to work for the good folks? Don’t hesitate; send in your application, and we’ll make it happen together!