Head of Engineering
Would you like to join an early stage start-up on a mission to make the fashion industry sustainable? Take your entrepreneurial spirit to the next level and join a flexible and passionate team?
We’re looking for a Head of Engineering based in Stockholm to handle our end-to-end technical product development.
Cirqular’s vision is to activate circular fashion at scale, triggering consumers and brands to actively switch to a circular consumption model. With a continuously increasing overproduction in the fashion industry, circularity is one of the most powerful models to make fashion truly sustainable.
Cirqular is developing a tech platform for reselling and shopping pre-owned high-end fashion, making it easier than ever to resell clothes online, while providing a personalized shopping experience at par with the first-hand market. This will be done through a well curated platform with a stellar user experience, combined with integrated retailer and brand partnerships to automatically and virtually mirror our users’ physical wardrobes with pre-populated content. This will enable sellers to generate attractive product listings with a click of a button, which are then seamlessly sold at Cirqular.
To realize this, we would like to join forces with an entrepreneurial tech-savvy person who is passionate about making the world a better place.
SOME OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
– Build Cirqular technical platform from the very start, including laying out our technical vision, architecture, developing, implementing a scalable web and mobile application
– Build on Cirqular existing ecommerce platform and take it to the next level including a marketplace with stellar user experience for buyers and sellers, virtual wardrobe, APIs and integrated widgets with our partner systems
– Extract data from various third-party tools and APIs at scale
– Own the full stack and together with the founding team run the product development
– Continuously build new features required by customers to extend the use cases and create new key features to activate the next target groups
– Grow and lead future tech team (externally and internally)
– Help to translate business needs to software requirements
– You are a talented and experienced full-stack developer and get excited about working in a fast-paced, test-driven and agile environment
– You have experience in building web and mobile ecommerce apps, leveraging and building on pre-built plugins
– You have an eye for product design
– You can balance the need for speed in the short run with quality and performance in the long run
– You know the importance of good, reusable software architecture and quality code and are looking to help build something outstanding from the ground up.
– You know how to set a technical strategy for an organization and drive the technical transformation needed
– You care about creating a great engineering workforce with a growth mindset and servant leadership focus
– Experience in developing API based systems and connecting to external APIs and services
– Confidence and ability to explain complex technical solutions to clients and team
– Fluent in English, Swedish is a plus
– Most importantly, you care about our planet and want to make an impact to reverse the climate crisis.
WHAT WE OFFER
– Competitive compensation and opportunity to own equity in an exciting and innovative start-up
– One of the first employees and work directly with the founding team
– Have a direct and visible impact on the growth and revenue of the company
– Great, spacious and cosy office on Engelbrektsgatan in central Stockholm
– Well-funded company, backed by prominent Swedish angel investors
– Casual work environment, great culture and strong team that will grow exponentially over the next months