Director - Production Quality
Director - Production Quality
Are you an experienced leader with extensive knowledge in production quality, process industry, automotive or maybe even battery production? Would you like to play a key role in one of Europe’s most exciting industrial projects? This is a unique opportunity to be part of the emergence of a completely new industry and in breaking new technological ground.
Volvo Cars is one of the most well-known and respected car brands in the world. Northvolt is a leading supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems, dedicated to delivering the world’s greenest lithium-ion battery. Together, we have formed a joint venture, NOVO Energy, to power the next generation of pure electric Volvo and Polestar cars.
What you will do
The purpose of the Production Quality department is to secure that batteries produced in NOVO’s Gigafactory comply to quality standards and specifications, and meet customer requirements. As Director Production Quality, you will be responsible for leading all activities and people in the Production Quality department towards this purpose.
Reporting to the Senior Director Quality, this role will see you flex your skills across two distinct phases of NOVO Energy’s growth - the Project phase when we’re building and equipping the Gigafactory, and the Production phase when we’ll be making sustainable EV batteries in a hi-tech production environment.
During the project phase you’ll be responsible for securing the deliveries from the Production Quality team in accordance with the project plan and preparing all Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities in the cross-functional production teams.
In the operational phase, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop the organization, leaders, and team members in line with NOVO Energy’s Mission, Vision, and Culture values.
- Set, develop, and implement Quality strategy, objectives, and KPI’s / metrics.
- Drive continuous improvement within the team and processes.
- Secure product release to customer via The Quality gate system, i.e., Control Plan execution and non-Conformity management.
- Accountable for the at line Quality Control stations area, and ensuring the safety for employees.
- Owner of the P-FMEA’s and the quality control plan for the plant. Secure continuous review and updates based on production outcome and change introduction (process, materials, methods, products).
- Secure efficient problem-solving and decision-making on non-conformities.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with the NOVO Energy Quality Management System and ensure successful implementation and continued certification of ISO9001, ISO14001 and IATF 16949.
Skills and requirements
To excel in this role, you need to have a proven strong leadership capability with 5-10 years’ experience from leading roles in a Production; Automotive, Battery, Process, Food or Pharma industry.
We believe that you have been part in starting up an industrial operation before, and as such are familiar with the challenges it may entail.
You have strong knowledge in statistics and problem-solving methods as well as in Quality Management Systems, e.g. ISO 9001, and IATF16949
The importance of leading by example in a new organization is self-evident to you, and you operate with a high level of integrity also under pressure. As a person you are structured, organized and meticulous with excellent communication skills. You always strive to improve with focus on safety, quality, environment, and production efficiency.
We also see that you bring the following competencies and experiences:
- MSc in e.g. Chemistry, Materials Science or Mechanical engineering.
- English, EQF level 6.
- Able to organize teams and competences.
- Able to efficiently sort and prioritize between tasks.
- Analytical and fact based when making decisions.
- Able to manage risk.
What’s in it for you?
This is a key position in a rapidly scaling organization full of passionate people. Few industries offer as great opportunity for career growth and personal development as the new European battery industry. Joining us, you’ll help build the foundations of a forward-looking industry set to create thousands of highly skilled jobs along major societal, economic and environmental contributions.
If you’re an experienced leader, longing for a greener future and ready for a major challenge we’d love to hear from you.