ES1 HV/MV Electrical Engineer (m/w/d)
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our excellent engineering team based in Heide, Germany. By joining us, you will be a key player and contribute to building one of the first large scale European battery factories.
About the job
You will be responsible for preparing, reviewing or coordinating the electrical design for the Northvolt Drei factory.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation or reviewing of power system studies such as load flows, short circuit studies, arc flash and protection coordination studies and transient stability studies.
- Preparation or reviewing of electrical equipment load schedules, to size and design the electrical equipment.
- Gathering the electrical design requirements from the different disciplines.
- Coordinating between electrical design and other discipline designs including the review and approval of associated electrical drawings.
- Attendance in inter-disciplinary BIM/model reviews or 2D drawing reviews.
- Attendance in design meetings.
- Client representative at FATs for electrical equipment.
- Creation or reviewing of SLDs, schematics, electrical design procedures, electrical design specifications and associated typical drawings.
- Technical support to procurement and construction.
- Client representative during the SAT/commissioning of the electrical switchgear.
- Creation of the electrical operational procedures.
- Handover of the electrical plant to the Electrical Operations & Maintenance manager
The person we are looking for is driven, caring and structured. You have great communication skills as have constant interaction with team members and external parties such as contractors, vendors, authorities, and auditors. You have a high work ethic, multi-tasker, strong analytical ability and attention to details, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. You are passionate & purpose driven - we work for a more sustainable future. You are highly organized and result driven. You have a can do-attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Qualities that we cherish are flexible, friendly, motivated to take on new challenges, has grit and a sense of humour.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development.
Join our dedicated team, and take on this challenging role to contribute to the successful execution of a major capital project in Germany. Apply now and be part of an exciting journey towards innovation and engineering excellence.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.