Environmental Permitting Manager (m/w/d)
We are looking for an experienced Environmental Permitting Manager to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our passionate commercial team based in Germany. By joining us, you will be a key player in establishing our German operations and contributing to building the largest battery factory in Europe.
About the job
You will manage the permitting and approvals processes for zoning, construction, and operations ( BImSchG) not only for the battery gigafactory but for all planned projects that NV conducts in Germany. You will monitor and report on compliance to environmental permits, legislation and internal targets, and drive improved environmental performance across the organization.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the permitting and approvals process for zoning, construction and operations
- Coordinate with contact persons of land development, design, construction, operations, and environmental to develop comprehensive permitting strategies
- Preparing permit application documents, planning documents, and expert reports together with internal and external colleagues/experts
- Conduct comprehensive assessments during due diligence and throughout design and construction to identify engineering deliverables to comply with the timing of permit requirements and associated risks.
- Compilation and submission of the application documents on the basis of the technical approval planning, the construction documents, and the external reports
- Support and advise the other project teams in Germany in all matters relating to permitting law.
The person we are looking for is driven, caring and structured. You thrive by leading others and working towards common goals. You are used to a high-paced work environment and got good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, a sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit, and a sense of humor.
Northvolt is an equal-opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt toward its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in english or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full-time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.