Director of Quality (m/w/d) Germany
With Germany being the core of European auto manufacturing, its only natural it should also be a pioneer in scaling up battery cell manufacturing. At Northvolt we are excited to make this happen and are currently looking for an experienced and driven Director of Quality to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future.
About the job
This position will oversee all quality aspects of the new site and factory. Key to this success will be to build and lead a competent and dependable team from scratch. The role is based onsite in Heide, Schleswig-Holstein, where our giga factory is being built. The role is a part of our plant leadership team and you will be a part of a matrix organisation reporting to the Chief Quality officer and the Plant Manager. You will be a key player in establishing the quality team in Heide and enable Northvolt's next green factory.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build a world class team of quality scientists, engineers, technicians, and managers who are dedicated to the collective mission of energy system disruption.
- Ensure the site is compliant with the Northvolt Quality Management System and ensure successful implementation and continued certification of ISO9001, ISO14001, IATF 16949 and other relevant standards.
- Use the methodologies developed in supporting the above compliances to drive continuous improvement (e.g., PFMEAs, control plans, statistical process control, Kaizen principles, etc.). This is not a position about creating paperwork, it is about using the fundamentals of quality systems to consistently achieve product and production excellence.
- Drive the team to carry a proactive results-driven approach even in reactive situations. Embrace quality science and use data to drive fact-based decision making.
- Grow and feed the team on a culture o fa continuous improvement and challenging assumptions. Build a high level of team trust and ensure an open atmosphere where debate and professional exchange of ideas are encouraged.
The person we are looking for is driven, caring and structured. You thrive by leading others and work towards common goals. You are used to a high paced work environment and got good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.