Chemical/Process Design Manager (m/w/d) Germany
We are searching for a highly experienced and motivated Process Design Manager in Germany to join our team for a major capital project in Northern Germany.
You will be part of the Project Engineering team that will drive the construction of our new battery factory in Heide, Germany. Built in multiple phases over 5+ years the factory represents a multi-billion Euro investment project. Together with your colleagues from the Program team you will be accountable to lead the process delivery design to deliver on company targets and in line with customer expectations
About the job
Overall responsibility to ensure that the process designs follow the Northvolt requirements during the detailed design and execution phase.
About the team
You will be expected to manage the process design team, based on site in Heide. Your team will be expected to provide the technical expertise to challenge and optimise the design of all of the NV3 projects. As a leader of this design team, you will be expected to bring structure, drive consistency in project execution and provide guidance.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing and mentoring the process project design team required to execute the NV3 project.
- Responsible for reviewing the designs of the external design parties.
- Participating in all relevant project design reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring consistency across the designs between the different projects.
- Defining the process requirements in scopes of work for external parties.
- Working with the project procurement team to generate the process supplier framework agreements for the project, if needed.
- Responsible for internal Northvolt stakeholder alignment.
- Ensuring timely responses to queries and requests from contractors.
- Promoting and driving value engineering for the overall project.
- Participating in Northvolt-wide and project lessons learned sessions.
The person we are looking for is driven, caring and structured. You have great communication skills as have constant interaction with team members and external parties such as contractors, vendors, authorities, and auditors. You have a high work ethic, multi-tasker, strong analytical ability and attention to details, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. You are passionate & purpose driven - we work for a more sustainable future. You are highly organized and result driven. You have a can do-attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit. Qualities that we cherish are flexible, friendly, motivated to take on new challenges, has grit and a sense of humour.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development.
Join our dedicated team, and take on this challenging role to contribute to the successful execution of a major capital project in Germany. Apply now and be part of an exciting journey towards innovation and engineering excellence.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.