Advanced Quality Engineer (m/w/d)
We are searching for an experienced and motivated Advanced Quality Engineer in Germany to join our team for a major capital project in Northern Germany.
You will be part of the Factory Program team that will drive the planning, purchasing, construction and commissioning of our new battery factory in Heide, Germany. Built in multiple phases over 5+ years the factory represents a multi-billion Euro investment project.
About the job
As a (Senior) Advanced Quality Engineer, you play a crucial role in developing and implementing quality concepts for upcoming large-scale battery factories. Collaborate closely with existing factories and cross-functional teams to gather input, analyse requirements, and design advanced quality processes ensuring the highest standards of product quality and reliability.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with existing battery factories and the factory design team to understand their quality processes, identify areas for improvement, and gather input on best practices. Understand quality requirements and translate them into efficient quality methods.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to integrate quality concepts seamlessly into the overall production process of large-scale battery factories, including design, manufacturing, and operations. Assure design and manufacturability quality through all sample stages.
- Deliver all relevant aspects to successfully launch a new product in a structured project management approach and together with the program team, identify the needs and requirements of internal/external customers. Jointly plan and map APQP and PPAP deliverables.
- Utilize expertise in quality engineering methodologies and tools to design, implement, and optimize advanced quality processes that align with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and analyse feedback to identify opportunities for improvement. Facilitate lessons learned through all sample stages, continuously evaluate, and improve the quality launch process to ensure it remains effective and efficient. Any other duties and responsibilities required to deliver on company objectives.
The person we are looking for has great communication skills as have constant interaction with team members and external parties such as contractors, vendors, authorities and auditors. You have high work ethic, you are a multi-tasker with strong analytical ability and attention to details as well as critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. You also need to be passionate & purpose driven - as we work for a more sustainable future and have a can do-attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit together with the ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently. We are looking for a driven, caring and structured team member. You are used to a high paced work environment and got good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor, while being highly organized and result driven.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.