HSE Technical Program Manager
We are looking for a dedicated, experienced, and driven person to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our excellent, bold, and passionate New Programs team based in Sweden. By joining us, you will be a key player in establishing and ramping up new factories and contribute to building one of the first large scale European battery factories.
About the job
This position is based within Northvolt’s safety engineering team dedicated to development of new factory programs. We’re a team of bold safety engineers who support all new factory programs by ensuring designed systems and processes are ‘safe’ according to Northvolt and the numerous applicable directives, laws, standards, regulations and rules. We are a team of people on a relentless mission to build the world’s greenest and safest batteries. This starts with hiring the best talent who share the same passion for sustainability. Reporting to the Safety Engineering Senior Manager, the HSE Technical Program Manager, will collaborate with companywide HSE teams, the manufacturing and process engineering teams and internal and external factory design and engineers and consultants, including other business partners to support overall company goals.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be on the front lines of development of Northvolt’s comprehensive technical HSE management system and internal standards.
- Coordinate overall team resources across multiple long-term, site-wide projects spanning multiple disciplines.
- Develop central tracking and management system for formal risk assessments for all site-wide projects.
- Collaborate closely with Factory Engineering, Process Engineering and R&D to optimize system design for a cost-effective and efficient battery factory.
- Facilitate design reviews, manage design changes, and report results to management.
- Capture lessons learned and contribute to building a continuous improvement organization.
- Establish and drive HSE standards for key design documents.
- Drive value engineering initiatives and continuous improvement and advocate on behalf of HSE systems.
- Evaluate new programs and provide guidance on appropriate actions and resourcing.
- Develop partnerships with internal customers, integrators and installation partners for current and future projects.
- Support supplier dialogues and collaborate with procurement, process engineering and R&D to understand requirements and opportunities.
- Manage local chemical data and coordinate internal and external testing and data gathering.
- Collaborate with applicable HSE networks (internal and external) to maintain visible leadership and share best practices. Establish HSE dashboards.
The person we are looking for is flexible, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. Qualities that we cherish are sense of quality, friendliness, grit and a sense of humour.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light, and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary consistent with level of experience.
Planned starting date is asap.