Senior Production Engineer
As a senior production engineer, you will drive projects, investigation and actions with the purpose to solve problems and increase efficiency in manufacturing. You will be responsible in the optimization of current equipment and play an important role in solving quality problems.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyse and evaluate production processes to maximise productivity of processes, machinery and workers reducing downtime, lowering cost and ensuring safety.
- Initiate and drive problem solving workshops by using methods like DoE, 5W and 8D.
- Analyse process quality, cost and output performance by using tools like SPC in order to drive continuous improvement.
- Lead improvement activities for production as they are identified.
- Support, develop and train other engineering colleagues in technical methods and ways of working.
- Seniority and lead role in defining priorities for coordination, documenting processes, and corresponding improvements.
Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The Production Engineers are vital members of the Production team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor or master’s degree of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Battery technology and Energy Storage Electrical- or equivalent
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in highly automated production. Experience from industries like, batteries, automotive, semiconductors or electronics.
- Extensive successful track record of leading process improvement projects in a production factory.
- Strong knowledge of battery assembly process or battery product requirements.
- Ability to understand Yield, OEE, continuous improvement work and cost reduction.
- Experience in operating standardized documents and error prove methods for battery manufacturing operation.
- Detailed knowledge regarding problem solving methods and root cause analysis techniques.
- Excellent English written and verbal skills.