We are looking for an enthusiastic and competent Financial Controller with a focus on manufacturing to support our growing finance team.
Some of their key duties include working with the manufacturing organisation and supporting in the control of the costs associated with providing a service or manufacturing a product by analysing expenses within the supply chain, measuring and recording actual costs such as labour, shipping, production and administration, both across a function and at a unit level.
You will also contribute to ensuring that financial systems related to manufacturing and project accounting are fit for purpose, are appropriately maintained and will help identify areas for improvement.
Ultimately, you’ll help maintain our company’s financial health and control environment and make sure we use our resources beneficially. You will gain increasing experience as the company grows whilst utilising and help develop the best technology and processes for a lean mean finance function.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with IFRS and K3 accounting standards and relevant legislation
- Monitor that all the procedures for the month end closing are followed
- Review month and reconciliations and act as a contact point for the central team, closely working with the accounting team and the business
- Working closely with the business to ensure that accounting policies are implemented properly
- Managing the audit process and liaising with external personnel as required
- Streamlining and improving accounting systems and operations
- Reviewing and validating data for both fixed and variable costs of business activity such as overheads, raw material purchases, inventory and labour
- Proactively working with the ERP system to ensuring that process for recording the costs is set up and costs are recorded correctly in a timely manner and identifying any gaps in the ERP system or process.
- As an active part of the month end closing activities, ensure reviews inventory, cost of sales, revenue and capitalised development cost accounts, Fixed Asset procurement and ensuring accuracy and completeness. Performing reconciliations and confirming stock value for inventory
- Taking ownership of the process, SOPs and internal controls for recording financial information related to the production and warehouse management
- Controlling that warehouse procedures are in place and followed, and all transactions are reflected as incurred
The person we are looking for is driven, caring and structured. You thrive by leading others and work towards common goals. You are used to a high paced work environment and got good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.