Project Manager Germany
Northvolt has a great opportunity for a Project Manager to lead and support the development and construction of our Northvolt Germany giga factory.
We are seeking a forward-thinking, dedicated and experienced Project Manager to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our passionate Program team based in Hamburg/Heide in Northern Germany. By joining us, you will be a key player in Project Managing the first large-scale European battery factories and based in Heide.
About the job
You are responsible for driving and controlling the execution of identified scope delivery across total lifecycle of project, ensuring efficient interfacing, collaboration with procurement, construction and commissioning, and ensuring reporting and control of schedule, cost and quality for the DS1 project and associated buildings for our planned Gigafactory in Heide. You will have a small team of Project Management Team Project Engineers, which you will lead, mentor and coach to support the overall project targets. You will work closely with our factory planning team, engineering, contractors, and your peers project managing the production buildings and processes to execute your project in line with our ambitious targets. This means you are working in a highly cross-functional environment and acting as an intrapreneur in a fast-paced environment.
About the team
You will be part of the growing Factory Program team that will drive the planning, engineering, purchasing, construction, and commissioning of our new battery factory in Heide, Germany. Built in multiple phases over 5+ years the factory represents a multi-billion Euro investment project. Together with your colleagues from the Program team you will work with internal and external teams cross-functionally to deliver on company targets and in line with customer expectations.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
As a Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving the design, development, and deployment of discipline and interface scope packages for our DS1 project and associated buildings within the Gigafactory. You will have the unique opportunity to lead a small team of dedicated Project Engineers, guiding, mentoring, and coaching them to ensure the successful execution of the project and the attainment of our ambitious targets. You will report to the DS1 Project Director and support the successful delivery of the DS1 building.
You have the opportunity to drive the build-up of a lighthouse green battery factory in Germany and grow this project almost from day one.
- Project Leadership: Take charge of the discipline and interface scope aspects of the project, ensuring that all elements are meticulously planned, managed, and executed to meet project objectives.
- Project Execution: Plan, Engineering and Design, Procure, Construction, Commission, and liaise with the environmental and permitting team to ensure compliance with regulations. Manage the monitoring of potential blockers, risks, opportunities and Ensure the resolution and implementation of solutions or streamlining execution.
- Team Development: Lead, mentor, and empower your team of Project Engineers, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Technical Execution: scope management and meeting technical and quality requirements.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with our factory planning team, engineering professionals, contractors, stakeholders, and peers to integrate CSA and MEP solutions seamlessly into the overall project.
- Ambitious Targets: Drive the project towards achieving our ambitious goals (meeting cost and schedule compliance), playing a key role in the successful construction and launch of the Gigafactory.
- Intrapreneurial Spirit: Embrace the opportunity to act as an intrapreneur within our fast-paced environment, where creative problem-solving and initiative are highly valued.
The person we are looking for is driven, caring, and structured. You thrive by leading others and working towards common goals. You are used to a high-paced work environment and got good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, a sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit, and a sense of humour.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.