Test Engineer Mechanical Lab
Do you want to be part of a team that ensures the mechanical performance of Northvolt's future battery cells?
At the Mechanical test lab, our focus is to support the development of cells and production processes at Northvolt Labs. The testing consists of concept evaluation and validation of chosen designs by mechanical fatigue, performance, and functional testing.
As a test engineer in the Mechanical lab in Västerås you will be part of a bold, passionate, and excellent team that strives to make all produced cells at Northvolt, as hi-performing and environmentally friendly as possible
About the job
By joining us, you will play a key role in testing and evaluating mechanical properties of our Li-Ion cells during the different development phases, from prototyping to serial production. You will support different cell development projects and together with validation engineers help design new test methods and equipment.
You will also be a key player in ramping up the new Mechanical test laboratory and contribute to building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
In general, you have a long experience in the field and have been driving large, innovative, and challenging projects with high demands on accuracy and on-time delivery.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with and progress the project together with Northvolt experts and specialists from technical, R&D, procurement, quality, construction areas
- Plan and execute testing of cells in different phases of development and mass production
- Develop relevant new test methodology and equipment together with validation teams and other internal stakeholders
- Develop working procedures and structures for the test team
- Work in expansion projects and contribute to planning and execution of the project
- Drive continuous improvement and development of methodology and technology
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and training to junior staff and technicians
The person we are looking for is self-driven, strongly goal oriented, curious, and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on developing our organization and see the results of your work. Our organization values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. Qualities that we cherish are sense of quality, friendliness, grit and a sense of humor.
The test engineer is a vital member of the testing team and key to Northolt’s mission to enable the future of energy. The position is situated in Västerås with some travels to be expected. As our project managers rarely plan time for re-testing in their schedule, a high level of flexibility is necessary.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.