Electrical Test Engineer
We are looking for a driven Electrical Test Engineer to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our Energy Storage Systems Manufacturing Engineering team based in Gdansk, Poland.
About the job
The role of Electrical Test Engineer within ESS Engineering Team is an opportunity to place your own stamp on building the electrical test and vision system standards and processes for Northvolt.
About the team
Be part of a team of 17 Engineers, from multiple disciplines (automation, processes, equipment, NPI) that will contribute into developing new ideas in electrical testing. All team members are intentionally and consistently bringing value to one another in everyday work.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Being a link between Production Test and R&D Engineering for new product developments, design changes and product diagnostics (development products)
• Developing test code base and custom applications in house to perform custom electrical functional checks
• Creating electrical test procedures, implementing test fixtures and executing qualification and validation activities for battery systems electrical testing
• Characterizing existing processes by defining critical process parameters, establishing required process controls and process validation plans to fulfill targeted Machine and Process Capabilities (cm, cmk, cp, cpk, pp, ppk), First Pass Yield (FPY), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and Scrap level
• Responsibility for diagnosing root causes and implementing preventive and corrective actions for equipment, process and product failures
• Leading and participating in electrical test equipment and process design reviews with equipment suppliers to integrate state of the art battery systems electrical test technologies into our manufacturing processes