Design Manager Factory Integration
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Design Manager to join our team in Stockholm. In joining us you will play an important part in the construction of our large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
As a Design Manager - Building Integration, you will work in a cross-functional highly motivated team to drive the factory design and maintain and continuously improve the blueprint as the backbone for key building blocks of the large-scale battery factory.
You will also support and collaborate with the Northvolt factory programs from the different sites in Europe and Worldwide to deploy and leverage the factory design for a more efficient and speedy delivery. Your responsibilities will range from concept phase up to the end of basic design, and also supporting the site programs during the detail design and execution.
The Blueprint & Factory Engineering team was created to deliver on Northvolt’s vision and bold expansion plans. The team’s mission is to deliver a digital factory blueprint of a scalable, rapidly deployable, highly efficient world class battery factory. It constitutes a comprehensive solution with guidelines and tools needed for establishment of the factory spanning process, equipment, materials, facility, utilities and people.
To summarize, Blueprint & Factory Engineering is a highly strategic but also execution oriented and cross functional team which aids Northvolt in our mission to enable the future of energy.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Drive and manage, together with a cross-functional team within Northvolt, the design of a key building block in our factory blueprint.
- Set the direction and drive technical decisions on the design to ensure that the factory designs are competitive (cost/performance), modular, easy to ramp up, and possible to operate in a sustainable way.
- Organize and manage design reviews, construction design packages and deliverables to support all aspects of construction, including scope of work, kick-off, studies, 30-60-90, etc.
- Capture Lessons Learnt to address critical issues and prevent repeated mistakes while contributing to building a learning organization.
- Provide technical support during Detail Design and Execution phases.
- Develop & drive standards for key design documents.
- Be able to identify user requirements and scope gaps during the project, acting as the main integrator for the building design and its interfaces.
- Enable suitable project delivery methods, like integrated engineering project development, and fast track projects.
- Perform design option analysis for cost efficiency, constructability, etc.